Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Memorable Practicum Experience

I used to think that I would prefer to teach higher grades rather than lower grades. The reason is I figure higher grades would be more disciplined and follow rules more rigorously. However, after I was given two classes of grade 8 to teach, I changed my concern about teaching lower grades. The two classes I taught was very entertaining. Since the students are young, they are not afraid to present themselves in the classroom. The interaction between the teacher and the students was really fun. There was lots of conversation going in the class. This experience made me change my view on teaching lower grades classes.

Being misidentified as a student was really funny. The librarian was really angry when we didn't sign in when we went to the library. The librarian was literally yelling on top of her lungs about what we did was really bad and what we need to do to fix it. After a minute of lecturing about library rules, she suddenly realized that we are actually, in fact, student teachers...

No comments:

Post a Comment